Erik Satie For Theremin?

Posted: 4/15/2015 12:24:45 PM
coalport

Here is the GNOSSIENNE #3 on the Haken Continuum. I recorded this a few years ago after being inspired by a friend, Montreal ondes martenot player Genevieve Grenier. The advantage of the Continuum is that you can play both the melody and the accompaniment at the same time - Continuum with the right hand, piano with the left. It's no more difficult than a double manual on an organ. 

Was LA VOIX DU SPHINX inspired by the GNOSSIENNES? Probably, but it’s not conscious. I don’t know how others approach that kind of improvisation but I just get into the mood and DO IT. As Chief Dan George said in LITTLE BIG MAN, “Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn’t”.  LOL

https://youtu.be/Sa9Vx0svwdM

Posted: 4/15/2015 11:46:14 PM
rkram53

I want it. I need it!

But Krike it's > $5K. Course I might have to evaluate the Seaboard in this price range. Their smaller models seem similar in price. 

Makes me want to go draw a keyboard on my ribbon controller and see what a "poor man's" version might do.

But I can see/hear that subliminal (or maybe not so) connection to "La Voix du Sphinx".

Rich

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.