Build Project: Dewster's D-Lev Digital Theremin

Posted: 7/8/2019 2:53:33 PM
dewster

"Does anyone know of a suitable low-noise replacement for the TDA1308?"  - pittsh8rh

Have you tried a rail-to-rail output (assuming 5V powering) opamp?  Headphones are often kinda high impedance, so you don't necessarily need a power amp to drive them.  Drive circuits often have a series R of 100 or so to somewhat isolate the load from the feedback (and prevent oscillation).

Posted: 7/8/2019 4:15:45 PM
pitts8rh

I haven't tried any opamps but I may have to go there.  I do need something to work with a load as low as 25 ohms, and I was hoping to find an 8pin replacement assuming that this went obsolete because it was superseded and not because of lack of demand.  I've got 77 of these in my stock, which should cover the theremins I want to build for myself.  But I'm looking out for you here too, and I know that once the D-Lev gets going you'll be building theremins like Lucy on the cake factory assembly line! (Note:  that reference is really even before my time, but not by that much).

Posted: 7/9/2019 6:38:57 PM
tinkeringdude

.the dog ate my homework... though I am quite anxious to get it into player's hands.

What would they want with your dog? Accompaniment? "Owuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.