Tremolo pedals

Posted: 3/5/2021 12:28:32 PM
scifigene

Having seen Carolina Eyck's Bumblebee video I've been playing with a tremolo pedal and trying to apply this technique. (I am in no danger of succeeding, this is very much tilting at windmills.) I'd like to be able to play the Minute Waltz, but this requires switching between tremolo and legato for different sections, and the mini-pedal I'm using has a clicker action that is far too clumsy for this - need to be able to pedal on/pedal off smoothly. Has anyone found a pedal or other device that works more smoothly? I'm playing a Gaudi open theremin, and the current pedal is a fairly cheap Donner tremolo.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted: 3/6/2021 5:41:46 PM
bendra

You can replace your (latching?) switch on the pedal with a soft touch momentary switch. Numerous YouTube videos on how to replace the switch, or a good electronics repair shop can do it for you. Of course this will invalidate anything that looks like a warranty for the pedal...

Posted: 3/6/2021 8:35:04 PM
bendra

Thinking out loud, you could also use an expression pedal, if the tremolo pedal has expression input for depth

Posted: 3/7/2021 3:04:36 PM
94prs22

This might be a great option:
EB Expression Trem

Brandon

Posted: 3/8/2021 12:00:43 PM
scifigene

You can replace your (latching?) switch on the pedal with a soft touch momentary switch. Numerous YouTube videos on how to replace the switch, or a good electronics repair shop can do it for you. Of course this will invalidate anything that looks like a warranty for the pedal...

Thank you, sounds like a good option - will see what I can do

Posted: 3/8/2021 12:01:47 PM
scifigene

This might be a great option:EB Expression TremBrandon

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into this although will probably go with replacing the switch for the moment.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.