Actual information on Claravox

Posted: 10/12/2021 9:44:41 PM
edavid

No functional issues so far - but the power input isn't very stable (physical connection is loose).

I had some trouble with this too, but plugging/unplugging about 10 times seems to have cleared it up (I was too lazy to go and find the DeOxit).

Posted: 10/12/2021 9:48:13 PM
edavid

There are brass sockets underneath the antenna sockets. I'm not sure if this is for alternative antennas, grounding, or something else.

They are not sockets, they are access holes for tuning variable inductors on the volume and pitch boards.  You should have found a red plastic tuning tool in the box.

Posted: 10/14/2021 5:08:01 PM
Guillaume

Stats for those keeping track:

6/7th Jan 2021 - Ordered from a small, independent local music store (Edinburgh, UK)
14th Oct 2021 - Received (we hadn't received any notice, it just turned up at the shop!)
SN:  A beautiful 00250. I love it. It's a great serial number. So satisfying.

General comments:
*The instrument is in pristine condition ("as new", or indeed, "new" )
*The stand packaging was almost plastic free, and I do think they did their best on the claravox packaging itself to reduce plastic as much as possible
*The instrument arrived completely untuned (to the point that my catastrophist nature assumed it had been damaged: couldn't reduce the sound to 0, volume stupidly high, and null point was somewhere an inch away from the antenna). I just had to do the 'max/min' adjustments for the antennas, and it magically started acting as my finger muscle memory expected
*So far, so good

Posted: 10/16/2021 10:33:11 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

Did anyone see the ad Pitbull audio has 7 Claravox in stock?  

Posted: 10/16/2021 10:38:08 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

Very tempted to buy.  Sweetwater says mine will be at the earliest Jan.  How about more reviews from those with working Claravox...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.