RCA Theremin #200051 for sale!

Posted: 6/25/2006 8:29:17 PM
yesterme

RCA Theremin for sale. In working, mainly original conditon. Asking $8,000. or best offer over $5,000. This is my father's theremin. He played in in '48 while visiting a friend in Idaho. When he was back there in the 1960's he purchased it from this same friend. We do not know where or when the previous owner purchased it.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or offers.

Posted: 6/27/2006 9:11:59 AM
DiggyDog

You want me to get a divorce, don't you?
Posted: 6/27/2006 9:44:48 AM
yesterme

I can honestly say that is not my intent. :) Don't you think she'd understand? This is, after all, a rarity...uniquely a piece of history...yet still pertinent in today's world. Right?

Kidding aside, I am hoping that someone will view it in that light. I know Dad has really enjoyed owning and playing this AR-1264! Put it with his other interests in music, and you get a small picture of my dad.

The other morning, at church, he played an ukulin,,a strange instrument, that is a blend of an ukulele and violin. And, yesterday, at the spry and inventive 80 years old that he is, he made a beautiful wooden case for that little instrument. He is amazing in his love for music. He knows how to enjoy it.

But, he is ready to sell the theremin!
Posted: 7/18/2006 12:52:07 PM
yesterme

I finally have some new pictures of Dad's theremin. Please contact me with any questions.
Posted: 8/12/2006 2:10:49 PM
yesterme

Dad had a concert the other night at church...and included his theremin. He played "In the Garden". He got some good sounds..but the best moment was when he just moved one finger of his right hand out to hit just the right note with a flair that sent the audience into joyous laughter. It was great to see him play...it's been quite a while. I think having it up for sale has sparked his interest again!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.