modular synth case

Posted: 1/8/2007 12:56:58 AM
monroe

I am interested in jumping into the world of analog synths with AS's French Connection. Their modules look very nice for completing my starter system, but their cases seem way too expensive. I remember a few years back I built a PC from parts and searched around for cheap cases, and there was a big price range, and I ended up with one that was about $30. Does anyone know where to get good deals on the kind of "motherboard" and power supply needed for a modular synth? I might just build a case myself to house that stuff, but any ideas on where to get one of those would be appreciated as well. (Could you modify a standard PC tower case perhaps?)
Posted: 1/8/2007 8:34:48 AM
DiggyDog

My guess would be that you could use a variety of cases for it just like people have done with theremins over the years.

I would make a few trips to the flea markets and see if anything jumps out at you.

Basically you just need a box of the right size....
Posted: 1/8/2007 11:10:58 PM
Brian R

At Synthesizers.com, Roger Arrick generously offers detailed instructions for building your own cabinet:

http://www.synthesizers.com/diycabinet.html

Of course, the dimensions he gives are tailored to making a cabinet for the modules that he sells (which I'd probably be buying now, if I only had room in my apartment)...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.