Wanted : Moog Etherwave Pro

Posted: 1/9/2008 4:54:21 PM
livingjane

Virani...have you sold your Pro yet?
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:36:32 AM
GordonC

Thanks for the reminder. The PT-03 is a Paia Theremax.

There's a thread about it here...

http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=3004
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:20:12 AM
virani

no, I haven't sold it yet.

I don't want to ship it, as I don't trust the french post (too much trouble, too expensive, could make some damage...)
But I could take it to London, as I sometimes go there...
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:26:09 AM
virani

let me also explain why I'm selling it :

I have a Big Briar 91-a, so I'm playing exclusively on this one at home. I used the Epro for concerts and repetition.

But, I need room and money for a baby to come in may, and as I'll probably move to Normandy, I'll probably won't play a lot in different bands anymore.

I also want to get a regular Etherwave (I had one but sold it), as I like the instrument, it's easyer to travel with, is cheaper, and is smaller.
Posted: 1/10/2008 1:13:41 PM
livingjane

Congratulations on the baby and I know you'll get a good price for your Pro, there seems to be a high demand!
I almost moved to England in 2005...Canada spawns greatness, but doesn't recognize or appreciate creativity unless it fits into an accepted medium...Europe is the place:)
God Bless the Queen...LOL!!!
Well, enough rambling...back to work!
Posted: 1/11/2008 1:02:56 PM
dave_nineyards

Hi Jane,
Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been a little hectic!

Thanks very much for pointing me in Virani's direction. He did actually mail me directly about his EW Pro, but believe it or not, I managed to find a guy, who runs a small music store in Europe which I found on Google, and he seemed to have possibly the VERY LAST brand new EW Pro for sale. It was cheaper by quite a way than Virani's 2nd hand asking price, even with shipping, so it was a no brainer to go for the new one.

I think the jury is still out on how much EW Pro's are worth second hand. I know one went recently for just $1100, as mentioned on another thread. Only time and market forces will decide this and to be honest, how much mine is worth is completely irrespective to me as I feel strongly that it's a musical instrument, not a commodity to be exploited.

I wanted one to work with as I have a Moog Voyager which I can connect nicely too via CV & Gate. Having previously owned a standard, which I have to say is great, there are certainly some great benefits to moving up to a Pro. I've only had the Pro one day and I'm already finding that I can tailor it far more to my style of playing. There are also some lovely features which make life easier, and to my ears it sounds richer sonically.

I also have at the back of my mind that it is the NAMM music fair next week, and there might well be a new Theremin offering from Moog at that time. Please don't think I know something from the inner sanctum at Moog - I don't (before a thread starts on my pure speculation!), but the Pro has been deleted for a while and it's a possibility.

Good luck in your continuing hunt and if I hear of anything, I'll let you know.

Dave

Posted: 1/11/2008 1:41:20 PM
livingjane

Thanks for your reply Dave...
As far as prices are concerned, if you want something bad enough, you'll cough up the dough if you have it. Hopefully when I come across a Pro, it'll be cheap like borscht:)
My stepmother is a psychic and she said someone is going to give me one...Bah wah ha ha ha ha ha!
That made me laugh.
Cheers,
LJ
Posted: 1/11/2008 1:51:02 PM
virani

right, one sold for 1100, but with 500 euros of shipping and 300 of custom taxes.
That's one of the reason why I'd like to sell mine without shipping it.
Glad you got the E pro you wanted.
Posted: 1/11/2008 3:22:11 PM
dave_nineyards

Hi Jane,

Let's hope that prediction comes true..... but probably not! :-)

€500 for shipping? Is it in a Gold packing case? :-)

My Voyager only cost me $200 to ship from the US, and that's bigger and heavier than an EW Pro. I didn't think you paid duty on 2nd hand items either, as they are classed as a gift.

Either way, someone got a nice Theremin......

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.