power supply

Posted: 1/27/2008 11:41:12 AM
ezekiel

hi people. i am really newbie
does i need the 220vpower supply in order to play the etherwave 220v theremin standard?
i only need to know that, i dont want order the theremin without the power supply if i need it.
I hope you can answer. Forgive my poor english.
Thank you

Ezequiel
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:04:30 PM
Thierry

Authorized European Moog dealers sell the Etherwave with the correct 230V version of the transformer.

If you buy yours without power supply, there is no problem if you can wire and solder a transformer and a DIN-Plug.

If you get it with a 110 V version, it's also easy, since you can buy a supplementary 230-to 110V transformer for 7,65 EUR in Germany or 8,50 EUR in France.

Out of that... it would be nice if you told a little bit more about you, how you came to the theremin and where you live. This makes it easyer to write helpful posts. ;-)
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:42:33 PM
ezekiel

hi again, and thank you a lot man thierry :)

I mean, in the moog web page, when you are going to buy the etherwave, it seems to be sold without power supply. Or they sold it with the power supply included? in the web page there are not information about it. I thougt that, because you can buy the power supply separately. I hope you can understand me. My english is not good.
I supposed i need the 220v version because i live in spain.
So if i want to play the themerin i must buy etherwave and power supply or etherwave only?

I discovered the theremin throught some bands like incubus. I search information about it, and i saw some videos of clara rockmore playing classical music with the themerit, and i fall in love with her and with themerit. This is the reason why i want to learn to play it.
I am a piano student,so i hope it not became very very very difficult to play for me.
i hope you can understand my english.
Thank you a lot.
Posted: 1/27/2008 8:12:11 PM
Thierry

The Etherwave will not work without power supply. If you are not sure if they sell the transformer with it, just call them or send them an email...

I think you will soon get good results on the theremin, as you are already musician. It would be still easier, if you were violinist ;-)

Don't hesitate to post your questions here, a lot of people with lots of experience will be glad to help you!
Posted: 3/2/2008 7:25:34 PM
Thierry

Send me an email on frenkel.thierry(at)orange.fr

The easiest way is that I buy such a transformer for you in Germany (I work there at least 1 day a week and I know a shop where these are sold) and send it to you by post.

The transformers you found are very powerful, this is not needed for an Etherwave standard. The original power supply delivers 14 V AC at 200mA = only 2,8 W (which aren't really needed by the Etherwave). So with a cheap 20W transformer, you will already be lucky.
Posted: 3/3/2008 3:04:10 PM
Thierry

...and you got an answer almost immediately. Don't be so complicated... ;-)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.