RCA Theremin Model 1264 For Sale

Posted: 9/25/2008 8:50:11 PM
DaCogs

[b].....UPDATE Oct.5, 2008, 8:45 PM.....

I regret to announce that the sale of my RCA Theremin, which I posted this past September, must be postponed.

See the New Thread post above.[/b]

Bill C.
-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Sometimes, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Sad to say, "It's up for sale".

Details and pics at:

http://cogleyart.com/thereminforsale.html

Bill Cogley
Posted: 9/25/2008 10:38:25 PM
omhoge

sorry to hear it man!
will shoot you a note.
good luck with everything.
Posted: 9/26/2008 9:39:56 PM
DaCogs

--------------------------------------------
$$$...BID UPDATE POSTINGS...$$$
[b]SALE IS POSTPONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]

Bill Cogley
Posted: 9/27/2008 4:39:59 PM
omhoge

Life is so strange, that's still less then an infamous EWPro sale recently.
I can but wish & dream,
but honestly if I could have afforded it, I'd probably be already using any extra money so I could spend all my time playing the theremin I do have.

Most of all, hope this deal helps you and your family out during these messed up financial times Bill, and keeping fingers-crossed the instrument goes to a player!
Thanks for helping make that happen and listing it here on TW.
Posted: 9/28/2008 2:12:28 PM
DaCogs

Actually, I'm quite content about selling it. Glad to, as a matter of fact. Funny thing is, I don't stand to gain or benefit from this sale.

Remember the days when Mom and Dad helped you out of a financial scrape or three? Well, PAY BACK TIME!

Mom needs the help and Mr. Theremin could come close to providing what she needs. Shhhh... Don't tell her, yet... She's not aware of this sale.

This RCA originally belonged to her father, E. F. Salisbury of L.A. CA. She was the only child, so at his passing it became hers. After several years in the corner, she decided to hand it down to me. The way I see it, it's part of her inheritance. Now that she needs help, I'm happy there's a way I can do that.

Perhaps it would be different if I had learned to play it... but I doubt it. Because when it comes to helping family I do what ever I can.

Bill

Posted: 9/29/2008 11:00:45 AM
hypergolic

.....someday......someday

:(

PAN
Posted: 9/29/2008 1:41:52 PM
mikebuffington

Hi Bill,

Good looking RCA you've got there. The finish looks nice and the sheen on the nickel plated antenna is better than any original I've seen!

There is a modification, however. The RCA has been put on rolling wheels it seems. Do you happen to know if the original metal gliders are still around?

Also, it looks like there is a break in the winding of the wire on the large pitch coil. Do you have any better photos of it?

Can you measure the length of the original power cord, from the socket to where it splits up inside the chassis? If not, no worries.

Thanks!

Mike
Posted: 9/29/2008 1:49:08 PM
mikebuffington

It also looks like one of the audio transformers is not original. It looks like, from the photograph, that the transformer (T7 in the Harrison schematic) has been replaced or is in a different can. It should be a brown steel can with rounded edges, and it looks like a black metal can with sharper corners.

Mike
Posted: 9/30/2008 8:36:34 PM
DaCogs

Thank you for your post, Mike.

I appreciate your close attention to the fine details of my RCA Theremin. I will give this close concideration and weigh some options. We'll see where it takes me.

It was very exciting to have your professional, unsolicited, evaluation and feedback. I have learned of who you are, through Andrew Baron, and now fully believe your notes are valid and accurate. My hat's off to you and Mr. Baron for the work you do. You're quite a team!

Thank you once again,

Bill

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.