Needed - Moog Etherwave Pitch Antenna

Posted: 4/8/2009 3:31:13 PM
lucidquest

Hello all,

Sadly I've lost the the pitch antenna for my Moog Etherwave.

I don't need a coil, just the vertical, screw-in antenna...

Any suggestions on where I might find a replacement?

Best regards,

Michael
Posted: 4/8/2009 4:08:56 PM
hewson

a new one is $30 from moog music...
Posted: 4/10/2009 1:47:45 PM
Jeff S

If you are in a hurry or money is a little tight there is another option.

Go to your local hardware or building supply store. In the plumbing department pick up a 3/8" brass compression sleeve and a 3/8" compression nut.

You will also need 3/8" (outside diameter) thin-walled tubing 18" (46 cm) long. Brass would be preferred, but copper or aluminum would probably do in a pinch.
Look first at the sink/toilet supply tubes. They may have chromed supply tubes of the needed length, or one that can be trimmed down to 18".
If not you may have to look in the bin with the metal bars, rods, and angles. If you can't find anything there, try a good hobby shop.

A solid rod could work too, but it would be significantly heavier, and I don't know what it might do to (detune) the pitch circuit.

Also check in the specialty hardware section. You may be able to find a rubber or plastic cap to put on the end of the tubing for safety.
Otherwise find a small, cheap solid rubber ball in the toy department and drill a 3/8" hole part way thru and put that on the end of your pitch rod.

You should be able to put this together for less than $10. It won't be as pretty as the original chrome antenna, but it will get you by until you can get "the real thing".
Posted: 4/10/2009 3:19:53 PM
lucidquest

Thanks for the answers. Very helpful!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.