Selling my Big Briar Ethervox MIDI Theremin #010

Posted: 1/23/2010 10:43:01 AM
Jason

Just a quick heads up that I'll be posting my Ethervox MIDI theremin on eBay later this week. I'll blog it on the front page when it's available, but in case you're looking for one, here's your chance. Only about 60 were made.

If you're interested in more information about it, please e-mail me (jason {at}thereminworld.com).
Posted: 1/23/2010 4:36:51 PM
fairplay

...arrrgh...

...i am really looking to buy an Ethervox...but not thaaat short after christmas and new year (when all the yearly insurance bills etc. are due!)...

:o(
Posted: 1/24/2010 12:18:04 PM
Thomas Grillo

Oh, if only I had the funds for it. I'd give it a permanent home here. :)

...Well, I can dream. Cant't I?
Posted: 2/18/2010 9:15:10 PM
Dave H

Jason,

Legs arrived today, safe and sound. Ethervox was all assembled and tested today.

Quite a wide range of voice control. (Haven’t started testing midi control yet.)

Thanks for all your help on my behalf. And the great packing job.

I’ll take good care of serial #10 :)

Dave H.
Posted: 2/19/2010 3:13:52 PM
coalport

Congratulations Dave!

You now own the best theremin ever made, SO NO MORE EXUSES!

Don't get your hopes up about the MIDI applications. As has often been pointed out, MIDI technology was invented for keyboard control, not for gestural control. MIDI receivers can't handle what the Ethervox is telling them, except in CHROMATIC MODE which is loads of fun.
Posted: 2/19/2010 11:02:50 PM
Dave H

coalport,

You’ve got that right, no more excuses.

Never thought I would get my hands of an Ethervox.
So far the Ethervox is very impressive. Now it’s up to me.

Thanks for heads-up on Midi applications
I've noticed that the owner's manual is a bit sparse.
Posted: 2/20/2010 7:55:09 AM
coalport

Yes, the owners' manual is pretty basic.

Most of what you will learn about the MIDI applications of the Ethervox you will learn through experimentation. The results you have will depend on what sort of MIDI module you are using as a receiver.

What you have are two separate instruments inside the same cabinet: a traditional heterodyne theremin and a gestural MIDI controller. They can both be played at the same time but your satisfaction with the results of your efforts will depend on what sort of music you are creating.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.