Vintage 1970s Gibson Maestro Theremin Model TH-1

Posted: 4/12/2011 10:21:03 AM
noblehouse1841

For Sale on eBay. Closes 4/13/2011 @ 9:00 am.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250800560900&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

1970s GIBSON - MAESTRO THEREMIN Model TH-1. Serial # C 0101. WORKS!

In FINE used condition overall. The 2 terminals lift off the base, the on / off light works as do the controls. There is some wear to the case and the terminal pads along with a couple small rust spots on the backside of the pads but the inside is pristine. It is missing the female screw base on the bottom and there are no rubber feet though from what I can tell, it never had any. This was left behind by a girl I was dating way back in the mid 70s. She had gotten it new and I did hear her use it. It has been stored away for the last 30+ years and I am cleaning stuff out for a move. I powered it up and it works fine. The First picture is a stock one from the Moog Theremin site, the balance are of the actual instrument. From a non-smoking home.

Posted: 4/12/2011 12:04:42 PM
Touchless

[i]In FINE used condition overall[/i] – If it is FINE then why have you not put up a brief sound byte of a random note melody. The sound of a musical instrument is everything. If I had the room for it, I would enjoy having this on display, something from back in the 70’s. This is when the “Beach Boys” were going strong and had great excitement for the theremin. This is probably this exact model Brian dabbled with. Don’t get excited theremin community, my friend Paul the trombonist lives thirty minutes from me and is still going strong.
Posted: 4/12/2011 12:13:28 PM
noblehouse1841

Probably because I don't have the slightest clue how to do that.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.