ESPE01 Bass module for Etherwave Standard and Plus theremins

Posted: 6/28/2020 9:56:06 PM
oldtemecula

Hello maginy,

Are you into building and have excellent soldering ability. The finest diy paint-by-number theremin design does not need an engineering degree.

I have always thought that a theremin sound that needs a reverb band-aid has missed mark.

Edit: What I think is silly is when someone thinks a theremin should imitate and sound like something it is not. Because a digital piano has a keyboard should it sound like an accordion? A good theremin sound is just $5 in parts and a little bit of knowledge.

Why not just sound like the Classic Voice of a basic theremin, 10 years ago I offered this add-on for the EWS 

Sample .wav

Edit: My low end reminds me of two mating walrus' enjoying themselves.

Christopher   
www.Hwy79.com

Posted: 10/9/2020 2:51:38 PM
KP93

Another first time poster here!

I recently purchased my first theremin, an older used Big Briar Etherwave, as a hobby instrument and have been having a blast learning to play. I'd like to install this module as it seems to be well worth it, but I am wondering about the below disclaimer for the ESPE01. How big is the difference in efficiency? Would it be more "worth it" to save up for a newer Etherwave and install it on that? Or go ahead and install it on my current Big Briar, and perhaps plan to do the same for any newer Etherwaves I get in the future?

"the module may work less efficient with older Etherwave theremins, sold under the Big Briar brand."

Posted: 10/9/2020 8:21:25 PM
Thierry

Some of the older Etherwave, sold under the Big Briar label, have a different circuit board layout which makes the wiring of the module more difficult which can cost a half octave on the bottom end. But the overall improvement, an extended pitch range in the bass register, more natural timbres, and better linearity, remains.
Thus, there is no reason to refrain from the upgrade. 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.