[Wanted] Theremin

Posted: 11/21/2011 4:53:50 AM
cuestaluis

Hi guys! I've finally decided to buy a theremin, lurking through this forum I read somewhere there were "channels" to get a B3 Deluxe in Europe (I live in Spain).

I don't mind buying it directly from Thomas Grillo, but if someone can steer me in the right direction (shorter delivery time and/or cheaper shipping rate) that would be incredibly appreciated.

I'm also interested in getting an appropriate power supply!

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Posted: 11/21/2011 11:10:02 AM
Thierry

Thomas Grillo promotes the B3 theremins but as far as I know he neither produces them nor does he sale them. The official channel is http://www.soundslikeburns.com where Dan and Kathie Burns sell the theremins produced by them. When you order, tell them that it is for use in Europe, so that they might replace the power supply by an appropriate version.

If that should not be possible, buy it without a power supply at all and I can provide you the European version.

Actually there is no European distributor, neither official nor unofficial.
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:20:39 PM
cuestaluis

Thank you!

I may have misinterpreted a post here somewhere, I think I'm getting a bit slow on the internetz hehe.

I'm sending them an e-mail now, their shipping rates are actually quite good from what I can see on their ebay store. I'll let you know about the power supply (it was one of my main concerns), do you have a set price on them or are they made on order? Thanks, again!
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:30:15 PM
Thierry

You should be aware that the Spanish customs will ask you to pay the Spanish sales tax (IVA, 18% of the theremin's price) in addition...

The price for the European power supply is around 12€ and there will be no customs or IVA problems since I'll ship it from France.
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:38:08 PM
cuestaluis

Yes, sadly, that was one of the reasons I was looking for one in Europe, but there seems to be no alternative, it's still cheaper than a Moog though. And I am an absolute beginner.

I'll be sure to let you know about the power supply as soon as they get back to me. Thanks!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.