jackrabbitng the pyramid

Posted: 4/24/2006 6:28:01 PM
rupert

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6077233797164786530&q=rupert+chappelle&pl=true

avant-garde improv for synth and theremin.

avant garde means you won't like it.

contains "better" theremin playing than the last one - sometimes you have to let people know it can be played the way they want it to be played.

but just a little tiny bit.

Posted: 4/24/2006 9:59:28 PM
kkissinger

"avant-garde improv for synth and theremin.
avant garde means you won't like it."

LOL!

======
Well, actually I liked it.

Rupert, did you create your setup/sequences? I'm not familiar with the keyboard you are using.

Of all the videos that you have shared, this one is my favorite. It captures your personality and natural showmanship. Fun to watch.
Posted: 5/7/2006 11:46:19 AM
rupert

hi,

i use a korg karma which has 11 hundred or so sequences to choose from and use four at a time which are somewhat variable via the karma engine. not having the software makes programming difficult but taking the presets and modifying them allows for more variety than can be easily used or fathomed by most.

i think i may be the only one to pervert it's use to do hillbilly old-timey music.

find one in a music store and use the menu to select the karma option and you will see the four sequence sections and the sequences can be changed on the fly as you are performing which can make for some real fun. changing the program sounds makes for real diversity.

i think that it is one of the best back up bands to accompany the theremin. now if it could only transport itself to the gigs, set itself up, and change its patches to suit the performance.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.