Theremin caroling at Middlebury College Center for the Arts, 12/13

Posted: 12/15/2007 4:38:12 PM
Brian R

Retrospective documentation, actually, of a comparatively spur-of-the-moment guerrilla action.

On Thursday noon, I set up on a third-floor balcony overlooking a central atrium in our Center for the Arts, so that the dulcet tones of theremin and backing tracks (mostly cheesy Switched-On-Yuletide fare, thrown together the night before) could waft through most of the building, including a cafe area on the ground floor, filled with unsuspecting innocent bystanders at lunch.

A good time was had by all. Or at least, no one filed a formal complaint. Highly recommended for seasonal world-thereminization.

Posted: 12/15/2007 8:24:55 PM
Alan_in_CA

Hear, hear!
Posted: 12/16/2007 10:31:02 AM
Brian R

P.S. Clarification: I'm inordinately fond of Carlos's "Switched-On" work. The accompaniments I threw together are cheesy, not because I used classic Moog sounds, but because I threw them together in a hurry. Ergo, they lack the precision, the depth, and the nuances that Carlos and Elkind painstakingly created in their classic recordings.

P.P.S. Hmmmm... CARLOS, CAROLS...
Posted: 12/16/2007 9:57:05 PM
Alan_in_CA

Brian--drop me a line at
abarbour (at) lightspeed.net
I have a favor to ask of you.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.