FINTUSHEL TO RISK ALL FOR CLOWNS WITHOUT BORDERS

Posted: 4/10/2008 12:05:51 AM
fintushel

On Friday April 11th, Clowns helping Clowns Without Borders will host an
extraordinary benefit for Clowns Without Borders: an organization that
brings laughter to suffering people around the world. As part of the program, thereminist and two-time National Endowment for the Arts Solo Performer Award winner Eliot Fintushel will recite a little Baudelaire and perform a little Debussy on the theremin.
Come win prizes,
eat, drink, and be entertained by local performers in a cabaret style
show. After the show, stay for a bumping dance party! Located at Mama
Calizo's Voice Factory at 1519 Mission Street between 11th and Van
Ness Avenue in San Francisco. Doors open at 7:30 with the show at
8:30 PM. Admission is sliding scale $10 to infinity.
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:15:33 AM
Thomas Grillo

Wish I could be there! I know it'll be fun. ;)
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:03:37 PM
Jeff S

Break a leg, Eliot!
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:45:31 PM
Zsy

How did it go?
Posted: 4/15/2008 1:38:42 PM
fintushel

How did it go? There was an astonishingly fine line-up of students from the San Francisco Circus Conservatory, a school that regularly feeds performers to Cirque du Soleil, for example. Jugglers, acrobats, mask performers, and clowns, clowns, excellent clowns, not your Ringling Brothers variety, but creatures of delicious creativity, originality and splendor, at the same time faithfully bearing up the standard of the classic entrees and traditions and technique, not to mention pratfalls and lazzi, of traditional Commedia.

My theremin stuff, me in a Pierrot costume that's a scrupulous replica of the one worn by Barrault in the movie Children of Paradise (Les Enfants du Paradis or something like that), went fine. It was essentially the same as my youtube Clair de lune, only a bit more soulful, because I had the audience there to inspire me.

We had a great time and raised a little dough for Clowns without Borders, a troupe that does clown shows in war zones! (How cool is that?)

Bests all.

Eliot

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.