Pre-notice: Hands Off 2009

Posted: 6/24/2008 7:25:09 AM
GordonC

I have entered into preliminary discussions to incorporate the next Hands Off Theremin Symposium as an autonomous structure within a larger musical event.

These are very early days, but the involved parties are all excited about the synergy between Hands Off and the larger event.

I won't be able to say more about it for a few months. This is just to let people know that I have not forgotten about Hands Off, and that interesting moves are afoot.
Posted: 6/24/2008 8:45:05 AM
J_D

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!

You tease!

Months?!?!?!
Posted: 6/24/2008 9:29:03 AM
Oscar

Will it be at Summer of 09?
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:31:24 AM
Charlie D

Gordon, you're UH-mazing.
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:36:28 AM
GordonC

I know, I'm an awful tease. Tee-hee. :-)

Summer? One of many questions I don't have a good answer for. We're hoping for late summer/early autumn - when prices for travel and accommodation are not so high as the tourist peak season. Nothing is certain.

Charlie - as soon as I have something more fixed I'll be talking to you. I just hope I manage to get to you before you fill up your schedule, you busy person!
Posted: 6/24/2008 1:09:55 PM
Charlie D

Nothing short of the apocalypse (or possibly University term-time) will stop me from attending. Cambridge has notoriously short semesters though, so hopefully I won't be busy.
Posted: 6/24/2008 3:05:07 PM
J_D

I think you're onto something there, Charlie:-

"Hands Off 2009 - Theremin Apocalypse"
Posted: 6/24/2008 6:01:09 PM
omhoge

Awesome news Gordon.
Even if you can't say much, hopefully you can say roughly when, just that might be a big help. I stand amazed at your event producing prowess.
Posted: 6/24/2008 6:41:33 PM
GordonC

I really don't have anything more solid about the date.

You may recall that Hands Off 2007 ended up quite different to the original plan, which went through several major revisions along the way. :-)

It is a weird hobby, I suppose, but it is very enjoyable to work with smart, motivated, easy-going (mostly :-) people on a shared interest, and a wonder of the modern world that I can organise from the comfort of my sofa. I think what excites me most is the possibility that someone watching could get the idea that [i]they[/i] could use the 'net to do stuff too. The opportunities are endless.

Ha ha! Theremin Apocalypse. That reminds me of Pere Ubu's festival - [i]Disastodrome[/i]. Quote: We call it disasto so nothing can go wrong.

Charlie - sounds like it's going to be a short and productive conversation. :-)
Posted: 6/27/2008 9:53:25 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Thanks Gordon!

This gives me a little more time, If I dont manage to get my stuff together for Lippstadt! - LOL. (Whether I will manage to survive till 2009 is another matter);

Either way, I look forward to the event with great antessipppattion! (sorry bout that last.. just watched rocky horror show - kept thinking "there should be a Theremin used in this somewhere!!";)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.