Church of Great Rain Halloween Spooktacular!

Posted: 10/20/2009 3:41:17 AM
carport888

I will be performing theremin at the Red Bicycle Sushi Bar & Bistro on Vashon Island, WA. on October 25th for Church of Great Rain's Halloween Spooktacular.

Church of Great Rain is a televised variety radio show similar to A Prarie Home Companion. It will be broadcast on VoV-TV, local Comcast channel 21 for all of you Washingtonians out there. I'm not sure when exactly it will air, but I will post as soon as I have more details.

Oh, I haven't yet decided what to play. I get two songs, along with supporting theremin for some of their sketches. Any suggestions?

Here is the blurb:

-------
It's the Church of Great Rain Halloween Spooktacular!

Come (if you dare) to the Red Bicycle for this month's live performance and recording of Church of Great Rain Sunday evening, October 25th at 7 pm. Free admission.

Our special musical guest is master Theremin player Dan Marchetti, who will both play and explain the eerie musical instrument that just says "Halloween."

Join host David Godsey and The Holy Roller Radio Players for:

• The haunting premiere of "Rural-topia: Last Stand of the NIMBYs"

• Blood-curdling fundraising ideas for the Vashon Cemetery District

• The frightening return of the Diva of Dirt and her "Harvest of Horror"

• Seven Scary Words that Islanders must never dare to speak aloud

• And bone-chilling words of wisdom from the Right Reverend Hunter Davis

Featuring:

• The Church House Band (Frank Hein, Greg Parrott, Doug Ringer, Jim Shuffield),

• And the Holy Roller Radio Players (Jim Farrell, Janet McAlpin, Steffon Moody, Cindy Hoyt, Jeanne Dougherty, Karen du Four des Champs, Lyn McManus, Jeff Hoyt, Jon Whalen and David Godsey)

Brought to you by:

Voice of Vashon and The Red Bicycle

Don't forget to catch the re-broadcast of this month's show, coming soon to VoV-TV, channel 21.

Church of Great Rain performs evening services on the last Sunday of the month. We welcome your ideas for stories and sketches. Go to http://churchofgreatrain.spaces.live.com to share.
Posted: 10/20/2009 5:07:00 PM
carport888

Ps. This is not a religious event.
Posted: 10/20/2009 5:31:21 PM
GordonC

[i]Ps. This is not a religious event.[/i]

Nonetheless, Kumbaya on a theremin would scare the devil out of me.
Posted: 10/21/2009 4:42:47 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"Kumbaya on a theremin would scare the devil out of me"

ROFLMAO!!! :-))

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.