Formatting Options for Forum Posts

Posted: 2/7/2009 9:35:37 PM
GordonC

I suggest that, since the days of 640*480 screens are long past, there is now plenty of white space on the New Topic and Edit Topic pages. This could be used to incorporate the content of the page "Formatting Options for Forum Posts" directly rather than having a link to it that, strangely, people have trouble finding.
Posted: 2/8/2009 3:03:24 PM
omhoge

Will work on it.
"since the days of 640*480 screens are long past"
unfortunately not yet and we have to support all user views and long unbroken strings can still break the layout.
thanks GC.
Posted: 2/8/2009 6:14:36 PM
Thierry

I often have a look on TW via my phone PDA with 240x320px but this is sufficient to read the recent posts. A thing which is more annoying if you are surfing via a slow GPRS or a EDGE connecting is the amount of data which has to be downloaded with each page. Never less than 150kB, mostly around 200kB while the news and info pages of my mobile provider come with 20 to 30kB and are also beautiful and colored. Would there be some potential for optimizing?
Posted: 2/9/2009 7:25:25 AM
omhoge

ah - more to think about.
will keep that in mind as we work on a new version,
mobile support is definitely on the list!
Posted: 3/17/2009 6:07:11 PM
omhoge

We've had some technical difficulties. Being short on time, they're a bit jury-rigged for now and more database work is in progress, but hopefully you won't, at least, have worse issues.

Honestly... Things are scary here, over half the IT folks on my floor are gone, more lay offs are likely, so doing the galley slave thing at work is taking way more time than usual. I much appreciate your patience and mutual support.
KEEP ON PLAYING!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.