What are you doing with your theremin for Halloween?

Posted: 10/23/2007 9:01:42 PM
Jason

Like it or not, the "spookiness" of the theremin is real, and what better time to capitalize on that & introduce newcomers to the theremin than Halloween?

I'll be taking mine to work for our annual Halloween party. After that, it'll be out on my front porch to add mood to the trick-or-treating.

World Thereminization!
Posted: 10/23/2007 10:46:31 PM
vonbuck

I'm playing theremin at a wedding.

Andy
Posted: 10/23/2007 10:57:24 PM
Matts

I plan to set up in the garage and set the mood for the night much like others...
Posted: 10/24/2007 12:02:26 AM
Brian R

Same here, more or less, though I have some logistics issues to work out (teensy little foyer, and small porch to boot).

In a worst-case scenario, I'll just set up in the living room, near the front door, and use looper to create atonal choruses of the cries of the damned.
Posted: 10/24/2007 4:42:37 AM
Alexander

I also have been invited to play at a Hallowe'en party.
Posted: 10/24/2007 5:37:41 AM
GordonC

I'm taking my daughter trick-or-treating. (I don't really approve of trick-or-treating, but I know the bloke that's organising - he's a policeman - and we're only visiting prearranged houses - friends, relatives - so it's cool.)

We'll be taking the little Gakken theremin mini for mobile spookiness.

After that I might set up the etherwave in the garage of our half-built extension, backlit with a powerful spotlight, and play wearing a nice warm black Arabian cloak. Depends how I feel. Last year I scared half of the trick-or-treaters away!
Posted: 10/30/2007 10:32:52 PM
Jason

Anyone dressing up as a theremin? Or dressing your theremin up as something else? A cat (http://www.mandarinelectron.com/products/hibaipro.html#b) perhaps? :)
Posted: 10/31/2007 10:59:25 PM
Thomas Grillo

I dressed up as a thereminist (tux), and performed two hour long gigs for two houses in the area for holloween trick-or-treaters. I Played mostly spooky music, and made ghostly sounds. Went over extremely well. Funny thing is, nearly everyone wanted to know if I was real, and kept touching my hands to find out. They thought I was something the owners picked up at a holloween store, or something. It was a real hoot.
Posted: 11/1/2007 6:34:27 AM
GordonC

...and, coming in thankfully just to late for Halloween, and scary for all the wrong reasons...

So, like the guy who was served stale beer and says "ugh - taste this" to his friends...

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/10/365-days-304---.html

(Side 2)

I'm going to stake my claim to the mast, mix my metaphors in midstream and go out on a limb to state unequivocally that this IS a theremin - it would take genuine skills to play a synth that badly.

Sheesh - I can't believe I listened to the whole thing.
Posted: 11/1/2007 7:01:24 AM
Alexander

A high percentage of feedback with regards to my live sets recently has been in comparison to the soundtracks of various productions by mr David Lynch. This confuses me, but I wasn't too surprised when I was invited to play a Lynch-themed party last night.

Not much to say other than it went alright. Everyone knew I was real but I didn't dress up because I'm a massive killjoy.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.