My New Website

Posted: 8/12/2011 11:39:10 AM
carport888

Ps. Gordon, How does it look on your iPad? Are all of the issues you mentioned fixed?

Also, I made black-text links turn white on mouse over...is this feature completely lost on the iPad?

~Dan
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:59:11 PM
Amethyste

Nice Theremin you have in your pictures in your top header :P (haha)

Do you have recent ones with your Pro?
Posted: 8/12/2011 2:02:39 PM
carport888

"Do you have recent ones with your Pro?"
~Amey

Not yet, unfortunately. I have pictures of IT, but not of me with it...I still need to reverse the volume control, so that it gets louder as I move further away.

~Dan
Posted: 8/15/2011 6:06:44 AM
macdanuk

Much better! :D

Flowplayer has done the trick on the YouTube videos page, it doesn't make my browser go clunk anymore! :D

Also the site is much easier to navigate now with the main navigation links having moved to the left sidebar.

I noticed you're using a table layout. If you're interested in CSS layouts at all, I can recommend having a play with the 960 Grid System (http://960.gs/). Just an idea, it's more for your benefit than that of your users. There's a lot of web developers and designers that will tell you that a table based layout is wrong, it's not wrong, it's the way it was done for years. :)

Good work! :)
Posted: 8/25/2011 6:52:31 PM
bisem

Dan,
I just checked out your webpage and it is nice to see another site dedicated to our obscure obsession! I started playing the theremin last Dec when I got one for my birthday. Your videos were very inspiring to me, especially when I was starting out. Keep up the good work and expect me to be a frequent visitor on your page!
Brian, Pittsburgh PA
Posted: 8/25/2011 7:33:38 PM
carport888

Thanks for the kind words Brian! I see this is your first post here, so welcome to ThereminWorld!

What kind of theremin do you have? What kind of music do you like to play on it?

~Dan Marchetti
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:16:16 AM
bisem

Dan,

I started out with a B3 and quickly upgraded to a used Moog Etherwave Standard. After discussing the B3 pro with Thomas Grillo I decided to get one about 2 months ago and use it almost exclusively now. I enjoy learning classical pieces more than anything but when friends come over for gatherings a selection of popular standards are always a hit.

BTW I lived in Seattle for 20 years and believe it or not I miss the weather there!
Posted: 8/29/2011 6:35:03 PM
carport888

Nice! Have you tried using a pitch preview? I have a full write-up on pitch previews here (http://danmarchetti.com/pitchpreview.html). It's pretty lengthy, if you're interested in the nitty-gritty. If not, you can skip to the "In A Nutshell" version at the bottom of the page.

You miss Seattle weather? Surprisingly, it has been quite sunny here for a few weeks now...oops, I just jinxed it! ;)

~Dan Marchetti
Posted: 8/29/2011 11:06:48 PM
bisem

I read the notes on pitch preview and I do intend to look into it eventually. For now fishing is sufficient as I am more focused on my technique until I feel that my talents are worthy of a large audience ;^)

I hope to be there for a visit this fall...hopefully the weather will hold out for me!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.