Movie Theremin

Posted: 9/23/2011 5:14:22 AM
Sodium Party

Hi all,

Ireland here. Just shot a feature film Called Sodium Party on a tight budget and in post production. In the first edit we used Tchaikovsky Valse Sentimentale - Clara Rockmore as guide music but it works really well but we have no budget for rights whatsoever. Thought i would check for volunteers here and see if anyone is up for doing a version of the same for a movie credit and slice of pizza. if you have any questions just let me know and i can talk further show trailer etc. Thanks.
Posted: 9/23/2011 7:20:11 PM
coalport

I have a recording of myself playing that piece somewhere around. It was done a number of years ago and I'm not sure how good it is. If I can find it, you're welcome to it (and you can forget the pizza).

Here's My YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/copperleaves?feature=mhee) in case you're wondering whether or not I can play this damned, fiendish device! (I'm still workin' at it).
Posted: 9/24/2011 1:14:50 PM
galenus

I think that Thorwald Jørgensen would be happy to help you. I'd like to connect the two of you if you like. You could send him an e-mail at info@thorwaldjorgensen.com.

Best,

Pieter
Posted: 9/24/2011 5:09:33 PM
coalport

I looked for my recording of the piece and I think I must have thrown it out. I made it over ten years ago and it may not have been very good. Thorwald could play this composition beautifully - he is one of the few people in the world who could - and he could do it on his new Thierrimin!

Posted: 9/25/2011 4:08:35 PM
Peter Theremin

Hi, "Sodium Party".
My name is Peter Theremin.
Soon it will be one year, as I play on the theremin. I recorded for you, "Sentimental Waltz" and will be glad to send you this record.
Where to send? :)))
my e-mail - peter@theremin.name
Posted: 9/30/2011 3:25:34 PM
Sodium Party

Hi Coalport,

if you could hook me up with Thorwald that would be great. my email is sodiumparty@gmail.com

cheers

Michael
Posted: 9/30/2011 5:23:51 PM
coalport

I think "galenus" can do that. Thorwald is a terrific thereminist. He will not disappoint you!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.