Theremin newcommer

Posted: 6/27/2006 5:20:21 PM
fiddelerselbow

Hello
I recently decided I wanted to buy a theremin after listening to "the national anthem" by radiohead [I know its not a theremin that they use but i know it's a simaler instrument].So I was wondering what type of theremin would be good to start out on?I play in a band and my price range is about 100-200 euro......thanks for you're help
Posted: 7/1/2006 9:32:16 AM
kkissinger

Hello and welcome to Thereminworld.

Theremins are used both to play tunes and to make sound effects. To play a tune such as "The National Anthem" requires a Theremin that allows sufficient precision so that one can actually play notes.

Many people have had success with the Kees, Theremax, and Etherwave Standard.

The Etherwave Standard is an excellent Theremin -- very playable and great tone. It is the most expensive of the three listed.

The Kees and Theremax both have great tone and can be used to play tunes -- however they are not as playable as the Etherwave.

You can't go wrong with an Etherwave Standard. If your pocket book says otherwise, then you might want to consider a Kees or, if you are into kit-building, the Theremax.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.