Connecting a Theremin in funky ways

Posted: 6/25/2007 5:15:56 AM
amirdekel

Hi!

I'm thinking of buying a Kees Enkelaar Theremin. Now, I know that what I'm going to say is not very professional, but anyway...
I'm not going to buy an amp in the near future, and I want to have some Theremin experience before I do so. What would be the results if I try to do the following things (remember, I don't look for quality at the moment, only experience):

- Connect the Theremin directly to a stereo AUX (or maybe phono?)

- Connect headphones in some mysterious way.

- Connect the Theremin to the audio-in of my laptop (will I find myself doing a market-research for a laptop?)

Amir
Posted: 6/25/2007 7:49:37 AM
Alexander

All of the above options are absolutely fine. Just make sure you've got the right cables for each (one end will need to be a 1/4" jack).
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:09:43 AM
teslatheremin

Watch your volume levels in all the scenarios you have suggested. All volume controls should be set to zero when connecting or disconnecting the theremin to any audio amplifier or input.
Good-luck!
teslatheremin
Posted: 6/27/2007 12:19:15 PM
virani

at home, I use mine on all the way you said. It works fine. But yes, beware of the volume, I used a I-mic system to plug my etherwave to my mac, and it made loud noise...I almost ruined my speaker system.
Posted: 6/27/2007 2:18:47 PM
amirdekel

Yeah, I'm already aware of the volume issue. It makes sense to lower it to zero before connecting, especially concerning my laptop...

Thanks for the helpful answers!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.