AAARRRGGHH! I can't decide!

Posted: 8/6/2007 10:54:23 PM
Hogosha

Thanks to all who have posted all the great information here on what they have learned! That being said, yesterday I backed away from a MOOG Etherwave on Ebay (had a bad feeling about the seller). Then thought about doing the Theremax kit again....still can't decide.

Even if I go with the Theremax kit, I do plan on "Moogerizing" it into a "Ethermax", by adding better antennas, doing the tweaks, and putting into basic case (not sure if I like the lectern case). Not sure if anyone here can help me decide, but thanks for letting me vent!

Posted: 8/7/2007 10:33:54 AM
kkissinger

Your plan to use Moog antennas on your Theremax is a good one. When I replaced the Tmax stock pitch antenna with a better antenna (a 15" chrome plumbing pipe) the playability greatly improved.

Yep, don't bid on Ebay unless you feel comfortable with the seller. I've never had a problem with any sellers up till recently -- just encountered a seller that didn't deliver the product and refuses to do a refund, too! It is now in the hands of Paypal's arbitration. No fun.

I think what happened was that, having so many smooth transactions on Ebay, I became a little complacent. Now that the deal has gone bad, looking back at the listing, there are a couple of details I should have noticed. 20/20 hindsight.
Posted: 8/7/2007 10:03:27 PM
Hogosha

I don't plan on actually using Moog antennas, but fashioning my own using the same form factor as many others here have done (I just love the classic volume antenna shape).

Question is should I call it an "Ethermax" or a "Theramoog"? :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.