BIG COINCIDENCE

Posted: 10/31/2007 2:53:51 PM
hypergolic

I just had an amazing lunch with the district boy scout executive. I recently organized a very successful scouting event called Jamboree on the Air. Today I had lunch with the guy at the council level who was my contact and who gets paid to promote scouting. I needed to pass over monies paid for event patches, sign-in attendance data, etc. Well, jamboree talk can only last so long during a lunch long hour break. We started talking about music somehow. He told me played cello. I told him I played a theremin. He said “WOW!!!! I really want to learn how to play that instrument!!!!”

I’ll give you only one guess what dominated our conversation for the remainder of lunch. I’m going to help him get started.

Philip Neidlinger
Posted: 11/1/2007 12:55:08 AM
Alan_in_CA

Do they let thereminists into the company of Boy Sprouts? Better be careful!
Posted: 11/1/2007 7:34:37 AM
Jason

Congrats! This thread could almost go in the "World Thereminization" forum. You're spreading the joy! Thanks!!
Posted: 11/1/2007 8:55:27 PM
hypergolic

He came by and got my Etherwave on loan until he can get his own instrument. After all, I have two instruments now. Someone did the same for me when I started.

Philip
Posted: 11/1/2007 10:35:22 PM
teslatheremin

Hypergolic,
Your should get started on designing the 'Thereminist Badge'!
I think the B. S. A., and the G. S. A. are two of some the last cool institutions this country has for building real adults from kids. I donate frequently to both organizations. You all should, too!

Good Luck!

teslatheremin
Posted: 11/14/2007 8:09:55 AM
Navrag

Remember how Tom Lehrer described them..

"Those little Bast...ions of Democracy.."

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.