Roll Call! - 2008

Posted: 4/7/2008 7:33:23 PM
teslatheremin

Hey Y'All!
I'm still here and lovin' this place!
T-Max modded to the max,flav way into the Pax!
Way into Theremin facts,and modular Synthi-stax!
I'm still here and lovin' this space!
By Y'All!

Good Luck!

teslatheremin
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:20:50 PM
Rowsby

Howdy.

After looking for months for an E-Pro, I finally gave up. I can't believe Moog discontinued this design, and I kick myself daily for having waited too long to get one...

After further research, I found a local builder (Gene Segal), who's beautiful machine was featured in the middle of this Ed Wood Documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1otrlPuaMY

Finding reviews, images and sound clips of this machine have been difficult.

Gene appears to be making a limited run of his machines again, so I ordered a WaveFront Classic, and hope to have it in a couple weeks. He also sells a midi / cv interface for his machines.

I work at a large CG studio, and create digital content for a living. The Wavefront will be my first Theremin.
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:51:47 AM
omhoge

Welcome to ThereminWorld Rowsby!

You are not alone in bemoaning the passing of the EWPro, it's a great instrument.
But I'm very glad you've found one you're interested in getting.

Please keep us posted on your theremin adventures, and of course search the site for information, there's a lot of knowledge here built up over the past few years, and post your questions. We have a lot of helpful folks here.

Can't wait to hear what your new theremin is like. Congratulations!
Posted: 4/21/2008 9:47:40 AM
RobinD

Greetings all!

I live in Columbia, SC and have been an admirer of the instrument for a decade. Finally making the jump, I now own an E. Standard and will be attending the festival next week in North Carolina.

*Complete* beginner to studying/creating music. Wow, this will be an adventure!

Hope to see some of you soon,
~Robin
Posted: 4/21/2008 11:30:22 PM
Jason

You're taking a bold step into a whole new world Robin! Welcome aboard!

I'm REALLY regretting not being able to attend EtherMusic 2008!! Unfortunately with 4 kids under 5 now, travel just isn't an option. I'm going to be glued to the TW forums waiting for all of you to post pictures and updates, though it won't come anywhere near actually being there. Urgh!!
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:42:04 PM
nephros

Hello everybody,

New Forum guy and soon-to-be thereminist hailing from Austria.
I am waiting for my Etherwave Std to arrive and am busy browsing these Forums and the site.

I first saw a Theremin played at a concert by German singer Annett Louisan and became instantly fascinated with the instrument.
I have been reading up a bit and just bought one off ebay.

Musically I have been playing the E-Bass and Mandolin (albeit baldy) and also did a little MOD-Tracking on the Amiga long ago and a bit on the PC.

Lets see how wonderful this will become.

Peter
Posted: 5/7/2008 6:24:21 PM
omhoge

Welcome to ThereminWorld nephros!
I hope the theremin experience is quite wonderful for you. It has been for me.
There's tons of info. here.

Let us know what your first 24 hours are like after the EWStand arrives.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.