theremin amp

Posted: 7/17/2008 5:36:28 PM
Thierry

The actual Moog Theremins are in fact true heterodyning designs. But if I remember well, there were rumours that the Big Briar 91 series had a totally different circuit design:

[i]This is the inside of the instrument. Unlike the original RCA theremins, Robert Moog's SERIES 91 instruments do not produce their tone using the heterodyne principle although the gestural controls function identically. The signature of the late Dr. Moog, dated June 1997, can be seen on the inside.[/i]
(found on http://www.peterpringle.com/series91a.html)
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:28:31 PM
djpb_designs

This "doesn't use heterodyning ..." begs the question "what does it use instead?"

Or is it a matter of they used opamp based oscillators instead of discrete-based?

Possibly Wein-Bridge oscillators?

Don
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:45:40 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

After hijacking this thread, (sorry Jul) I am starting another "Big Briar 91 Technology?"

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.