Tips for bending antennas?

Posted: 4/13/2005 5:04:13 PM
Tallwes

Hmmm... Tips for bending antennas?

How about getting carried away while playing alot of staccato notes involving a lot of multiple octave jumps between the C that is three octaves above middle C and lower notes. That will do it every time! *^_^*
Posted: 4/13/2005 5:06:20 PM
Tallwes

Sorry, just couldn't resist. :-D
Posted: 5/2/2005 11:51:52 AM
Etherdave

Anyways, as I said, I found solid brass rod to be a better choice for its strength and heft. I bent it around a steel post in my basement. No, it wasn't fun, but it worked and the resultant loop antenna looks like a professional piece of work. I imagine any metal fabricator could do the job also, using commercial metal-bending devices.
Posted: 5/2/2005 3:32:58 PM
Paul Kray

Hi there. I don't have a Theremin yet but by looking at pictures of them I *think* you could bend most tubing very inexpensively with an automotive brake line bending tool. There is a really small, cheap handheld tool about the size of a roll of scotch tape and I've made some pretty serious bends using them. If the auto parts store sells brass brake lines, you might be able to get them to bend it for you and cut it down to size.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.