Constructing Etherwave, trouble with the phone jack

Posted: 3/26/2005 10:04:56 AM
Raph

It seems as if the phone jack supplied with the etherwave and the phone jack listed in the instructions are two different things. The numbers are in relatively the same location, though the physical phone jack has a letter G near the 1. The connectors themselves are not situated anywhere near what the picture looks like, however... one of them is by the number 1 on the side, and the other is by the number 6 towards the bottom. The instructions show the wire from the volume potentiometer connecting to a tab on the top of the jack, which doesn't seem to exist.... anyways, let me know if this sounds at all familiar to anyone. I suppose there's always trial and error, but I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks
-Raph.
Posted: 3/26/2005 1:35:07 PM
Raph

Okay, nevermind.... I put connected the wires without soldering just to test, and the signal comes through a pair of headphones (my amp doesn't come till monday :( ... Now...my problem is... and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the phone jack, but it seems as if the pitch antenna is inverted. The closer my hand is, the lower the pitch becomes... I could've sworn I'd read about that problem before, but I can't seem to find the message. Ah well, I'd appreciate any possible help.
-Raph.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.