oscillator soldering problemo

Posted: 1/23/2008 5:26:01 AM
witty_address03

hey, i was just soldering together my new t-max kit. i got the the oscillators but after i soldered the last one, i reallized that it wasn't seated enough on the board. damn me!!! it's my first soldering project ever and i don't know what to do, does anybody have any suggestions?
Posted: 1/23/2008 11:50:30 AM
MarkT

Hi

Use a solder socker and solder it in again?

Hope that helps?

Regards

MarkT
Posted: 1/29/2008 5:55:43 PM
teslatheremin

Hello,
There is a de-soldering tool one may buy at any Radio Shack,(if there are RS stores near you), that makes removing solder a 'snap'.
It is a soldering iron type affair with a rubber bulb and metal tube attached to a hollow tip. The iron's tip heats the solder until molten, and the rubber bulb is used to suck the solder away from the work. This device could be used on almost any solder joint, but, is especially good on printed circuit boards.
Good Luck!

teslatheremin
Posted: 1/30/2008 1:15:02 AM
Alan_in_CA

I had good luck with desoldering braid, also from Radio Shack. Inexpensive and easy to get into small spaces, only requires two hands. Put the end on the offending solder, apply the soldering iron until the braid heats up and sucks up the solder, and pull it away.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.