Theremax volume weak

Posted: 9/9/2008 11:18:20 PM
dogstar13

I recently became the proud owner of a Theremax. I have assembled the unit and tuned the coils. Everything seems to work as it should except that the volume seems weak. When using the test clip to bypass the volume antenna I get what I consider to be a good volume level. With the test clip removed and the volume oscillator tuned to the strongest signal the output volume is about half or less than when the test clip is in place. I'm sure something is not quite right, but I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting. As a side note, the gate led often lights up for seemingly no reason even though the velocity control is turned all the way to the left.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I should begin trouble shooting this weak volume issue?

Thank you in advance.
Posted: 9/11/2008 9:16:57 PM
teslatheremin

dogstar13,
If I were you, I would begin by contacting PAiA customer service. There is a man there, that I like to refer to as 'Excellent Scott!', He will be able to guide you thru the various troubleshooting pathes that you must traverse to rid your ThereMax of it's gremlins.
Although, Theremin World seems that it has all the answers available, it sometimes can be a dead-end if the proper folks are busy with life.
Also, look around here, and google your question: then read!

If you are still unable to get a satisfactory volume from the ThereMax, perhaps a sleeping giant will have read your posts, and offer further advice. Yawn, I am sleepy... ;>

Good Luck!

teslatheremin

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.