Lev's Antenna for the New Millennium

Posted: 8/13/2009 6:00:39 AM
Bebbspoke

Hi GordonC yes - it's John Bebb of Bebbspoke Electronics Ltd - pray tell how do you know of me?
I cannot identify you although your avatar is not as helpful as it might be.....
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:04:59 AM
GordonC

How? A combination of curiosity and Google - "bebbspoke" is an uncommon word. I often wonder how people choose their online nom de plumes. Also I like to know a little bit about who I'm talking to - sometimes one finds potentially useful nuggets of information - like knowing there is an electronics expert with an interest in theremins close by. (Google Maps says 11 miles.) That could be handy for someone with a theremin and a fear of soldering irons. :-)

Hello, neighbour! I'm hosting a bit of a theremin get-together on the 28th and 29th of this month, at All Saints Church Hall in Croxley Green - 9am to 7pm - feel free to drop by if you're at a loose end. There's a more than fair chance there'll be another electronics whizz there (FredM) with whom to swap notes, not to mention some cracking thereminists.

(My name is Gordon Charlton, BTW.)
Posted: 8/13/2009 9:10:18 AM
Bebbspoke

Hi Gordon, yeah I'm an electronics des / dev consultant - mainly sensors and instrumentation systems - made to measure - the play on "bespoke" with my surname Bebb was unavoidable serendipity.
Certainly handy with a soldering iron and not too bad with the (analogue) theory either. Thank you for the welcome and your invite to your musical soiree(s)next weekend - I'm actually booked to be in Essex that w/e but I shall attempt some rearrangement Idle hands and mind torn between the making of a Theremin or a very large Tesla coil! Cheers
Posted: 8/13/2009 9:48:49 AM
Bebbspoke

Hi Gordon - I've just viewed your Rainbow video on your blog and am intrigued - I've loads of questions and comments - the A-V does not appear to be always fully synched and the timbre seems over harsh at times - this could be due to the pc & audio I'm using but I suspect your osc's fundamentals are not pure sines. I will definately try to visit the Croxley Green Church hall - are you really running 09.00 to 19.00 on both 28th & 29th? Please (preferably) reply to johnbespoke@fastmail.fm
Posted: 8/13/2009 12:19:08 PM
GordonC

I have replied by email.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.