Little Red Plastic Stick supplied with Etherwave

Posted: 3/12/2009 9:51:52 AM
GordonC

A little red plastic stick. I had one. I kept it very safe, taped to the inside of my etherwave.

Seems I didn't put it back last time I used it. D'oh.

What do I ask for in Maplins? I'm sure they have a technical name.

(It's not a great big problem - my pitch tuning had slipped a bit, and the zero beat was heading further clockwise on the pitch knob again - it got to pointing due west (9 o'clock) and I like it at 12 o'clock. It's fixed for the time being - I tried something I read in one of Theirry's posts and pushed the wire leading to the pitch rod down a bit towards the foil, and that worked fine (as did putting a CD above it on the cabinet, which I tried first) but I don't want to push it any further, so I'll need a little tweaking stick for next time.)
Posted: 3/12/2009 11:18:05 AM
Thierry

Gordon, most 1:10 oscilloscope probes are supplied with a similar adjustment tool which is normally black but has the same function.

These may be easier to find. In general each RF adjustment screw driver, be it plastic or ceramic or another metal-free material will be ok.

The only problem is the form - there are slugs with a trench and others with a hexagonal hole. Be sure to take the exactly fitting tool.
Posted: 3/12/2009 11:22:25 AM
ExclamPt

Try

link (http://www.action-electronics.com/alignmenttools.htm)
Posted: 3/12/2009 12:28:31 PM
GordonC

Thank you both.

This (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0543147) seems to fit the bill and is in the UK.

(It is an "all-plastic trimming tool moulded in blue acetal, for adjusting 6 mm cores with 0.1 in A/F hexagon centre hole.")

Posted: 3/12/2009 12:32:07 PM
Thierry

That's it. If I understand well, they are sold in packages of 5. If you want, Gordon, we may "share" your order, I could take 2 or 3 of the 5 and help you by sharing the costs. Please contact me by email.
Posted: 3/12/2009 1:18:45 PM
terrymin

Hi Gordon, I would be more than happy to put mine in the post until you find one. A tool shared is a tool halved. All the best ....Terry
Posted: 3/12/2009 2:39:04 PM
GordonC

No worries, guys. I've ordered a set. (Postage - ouch! - but Mrs C just started a new job, so feeling flush. :-)

That's two for me. One for inside the theremin and one for when I lose the one in the theremin again.

One for Large Number next time I see them. Marc's etherwave seriously needs it.

And a couple for anyone I bump into that needs one, at an exchange rate of one trim tool per pint of beer. I'm expecting to be in a position to bump into etherwave owners at least three times this year.

Problem solved twice, also good will and beer earned. Sorted.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.