SC Theremin 2009 - Continued..

Posted: 3/12/2009 4:41:19 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

This is a continuation of
Topic: New Silicon Chip Theremin 2009 edition (http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=3873&F=3&p=3)
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:18:22 PM
djpb_designs

Were you going to add some more comments, Fred?

Don
Posted: 3/13/2009 7:55:45 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"Were you going to add some more comments, Fred?"

LOL! - Don - I was sort of thinking that someone else might want to... But I had this apprehension that this thread might just end up consisting of a link..

This is a problem with truncating thread length.. If, after posting, one sees the dreaded "this topic is now closed" there is (for me anyway) a dillema - I have hogged the last thread 'slot'! What happens if someone else really wants to argue with what I said? LOL! - Sort of like making your final statement in a conversation, then walking away and closing the door - bad enough if you know in advance that you are making the 'final' statement - but much worse if you dont intend to do this! ;) ... Just feels uncomfortable.. (something else to take up with my Therapist, I suppose...)

Its all Gordon's Fault! - First time I got the last 'slot' in a thread, HE started a continuation, and asked me to edit my posting to link to this continuation.. Now I have this compulsion.....

And no.. I wasnt planning to make any more comments - I probably said too much in this topic allready! ;)
Posted: 3/14/2009 8:38:49 PM
JustinBH

Just one final thing...Fred, I think you mentioned you haven't seen the 2000 schematic yet. Have a look at the page for Max's mods on TW at http://www.thereminworld.com/
silicon_chip_theremin_modifications.html
It has a link to the 2000 schematics plus suggested mods to improve performance-it's interesting to notice the family line resemblances between the Deluxe/EPE, the 2000, the 2009 and Max's tweaked version.
Posted: 3/17/2009 2:46:44 PM
djpb_designs

Gee Fred ... I don't know what you mean LOL

(Have you seen how many threads end up with my name last? ... what am I? a plague?)

Don
Posted: 3/17/2009 4:54:24 PM
GordonC

Not this time, Don.

Unless you reply...
Posted: 3/18/2009 4:42:21 AM
Thierry

As far as I remeber, the Kees Enkelaar theremin was based on the "original" Silicon Chip theremin from August 2000 with several modifications.

Out of a better housing and better antennae, does anyone know what was still modified by Kees? Did he make the same things that Max suggested?

Posted: 3/24/2009 5:16:04 AM
Thierry

Just received my kit from Jaycar, based on the August 2000 design. Let's see in the next weeks what can be done with.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.