Need Etherwave part....

Posted: 9/14/2011 11:36:31 PM
bisem

I just installed the ESPE01 module in my Etherwave Standard. All went well until I tried to tune the theremin. The pot or tuner on my model has a hollow hex screw inside of it instead of a standard screw and it crumbled while I was turning it. It must sound like I was forcing but I really wasn't!

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Thanks!
Posted: 9/15/2011 1:49:45 AM
Thierry

The manufacturer is Coilcraft, the parts no is SLOT TEN-5-10.

How did it break? Didn't you use the red plastic tool which came with your Etherwave?

Advice @ all: NEVER try tuning graphite slugs with metal tools!

Those who have problems may send me their circuit boards in, inductor(s) will be replaced and pre-adjusted for a modest fee.
Posted: 9/15/2011 8:58:06 AM
bisem

Thanks for the info. Now that you mention it I recall reading about a tool that comes with the etherwave but I purchased mine used at a good price frome a college student without the tool.

The new part did make it sound nice however while I was tuning it. I have always hated the sound of the Moog and just wanted to make it a usable instrument. I guess my haste in doing so was foolhardy! This post is a good reminder and warning to anyone out there planing on working on their own.

I must say though that it's a shame such a widely used and marketed theremin needs all this work just to be palatable to the ear!
Posted: 9/15/2011 9:11:01 AM
Thierry

[i]I must say though that it's a shame such a widely used and marketed theremin needs all this work just to be palatable to the ear![/i]

That is not my fault... I do my best to give people all the things which they need in order to professionalize this instrument.

...and if you knew which ideas are still sleeping on my workbench...
Posted: 9/15/2011 9:35:45 AM
bisem

Oh I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way! I think that the work you are doing is wonderful. I was only saying that there shouldn't have to be any modification to the Moog Etherwave in the first place. Moog should be the one making the improvements but I suppose they have no need to due to the market share they have. The ESPE01 is giving the instrument an entirely needed breath of fresh air! Keep up the good work and thanks again for the info. I ordered the broken part.
Posted: 9/22/2011 12:06:56 AM
bisem

Update: I received the part today and installed it. The theremin works fine and thanks to having the correct wrench I managed to tune it to my satisfaction. Thanks again for the info!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.