Free Alesis Synth?

Posted: 4/1/2006 10:25:46 PM
Jason

Has anyone successfully completed the offer for the free Alesis synthesizer that pops up in the Google ads every now and then? I'm hesitant to provide so much information, but I clicked through the first 5 or 6 survey questions with bogus information, and it all seems mostly harmless so far. Just curious if anyone else has actually tried it and received the synth?
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:14:41 PM
Jon B

I've seen "deals" similar to this in spammy emails (e.g. "get a free iPod!"). Note the following detail: "completion of user survey and [b]sponsor promotions[/b]." (emphasis mine) That means you need to subscribe to various magazines, join various clubs, etc. Usually, there are A LOT of promotions you need complete before they send you the free item.
Posted: 4/2/2006 10:27:12 PM
David Vesel

I tried, and after you answer a very very very very long list of survey "questions" (mostly having to do with, would you like this sales literature sent to you) I was faced with a list of things and services I had to buy in order to qualify for the "free" synthesizer.

It is a very familiar scam. Essentially you pay for the synthesizer by the bounties that the person running this site gets for convincing you to sign up for all sorts of pay services.

It is nearly impossible to get the "free" synthesizer, and it's not free after all, because you must spend a minimum amount of time paying for the services that you get "one month free" for, or whatnot. If you terminate those offers before you start paying them, you don't get the free synthesizer.

Don't waste your time on it.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.