spellbound surprise

Posted: 4/5/2006 9:45:46 AM
omhoge

Great... now Jason becomes the Mum-Ra of the theremin.

'Ancient spirits of ether transform this not-yet decaying form into THERE-MA THE EVER LIVING!'

A friend of mine actually hid and spent the night in the great pyramid years ago. All he got was a sore back. But you never know.
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:17:58 AM
Jason

Haha... While staring at the mummies, all I could think about was the Bruce Campbell movie "Bubba Hotep" (Elvis is in a retirement home tormented by an escaped mummy) and how a theremin really would have fit in the soundtrack. So much for 5000 yrs of history, eh?

Your friend must have been pretty sneaky! The guards were really aggressive while I was there. If you stepped one block above the "safe" line, they'd come out from the shade blowing their whistles and pointing their rifles at you.

They do a light show at night that I didn't get to see, but what a great place for an outdoor theremin concert that would be!
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:43:13 PM
omhoge

Well my friend was inspired by the "Joy's Way" book and did his overnight about 20 years ago. He's pretty sneaky and could turn invisible in those days.

"Bubba Hotep" - HA! thanks for that b movie flashback!

Can you imagine Armen doing a show there? That would be the perfect venue for him!
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:18:57 PM
GordonC

OK, you guys behind the sofa with me, dead quiet now.

I just heard the sound of a podcast arriving.
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:39:06 PM
Jason

Both the 3/26 and 4/2 shows just appeared on the website and I'm downloading them now. Can't wait for my drive home to listen!
Posted: 4/6/2006 3:33:16 PM
omhoge

thanks for the heads up Gordon
checking now.
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:06:51 PM
DiggyDog

Sssshhhhh! giggle, giggle!

Gordon, duck down! Your backside is sticking out from behind the sofa!
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:18:12 PM
GordonC

Sorry. It's getting crowded back here. Kkissinger, would you put your organ away please, it's rather large.

Now seriously. Hush everyone.
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:47:58 PM
Jason

WOW!! I can't say thank you enough!! Gordon, how did you ever manage to organize this? I'm sure you didn't know, but yesterday was also my birthday, so this was a double-treat. I haven't stopped smiling since I heard it during my drive home from work. You all really made my day!
Posted: 4/7/2006 3:14:46 AM
GordonC

Gordon wakes up and creeps out from behind the sofa.

Good Morning Jason.

Please visit this link...

http://secretsurprise.blogspot.com/

I'll try to answer your question on "gordon's progress (http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=1420&F=557)" in the next few days, but for now the short answer is, I was able to do this because when you created Theremin world, you didn't just make a website, you made a real live community too.

[i]It's alive I tell you. Alive! Mwaa ha ha ha haaar.[/i]

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.