Turnkey are nice people

Posted: 2/18/2007 5:25:12 AM
Alexander

On friday I was in London to do a gig and decided to sort out what I suspected was a long-running problem with my Etherwave Standard before making my way to the venue.

See, it's always given me tiny electric shocks, and I assumed this to be okay until someone on this forum told me that it absolutely wasn't. The PSU has always been REALLY dodgy, when I pulled it out of the back for the first time it came apart, and a friend of mine suggested that it wasn't properly earthed. It said "Turnkey" on it, so that's where I took it.

They were very good about the whole thing and replaced it free of charge. A quick test and a gig that evening gave me none of those oh-so-familiar shocks so I am assuming that was the problem. The fact that they dealt with me right there, on the spot and were so very attentive and helpful is something to write about, I think. Anyone who's dealt with service departments of any kind in the past will know the sting of being charge 100 quid for looking at the thing, having your expensive equipment sent to Austria, being kept in store for six weeks and then having the same problem [i]and some new ones[/i] when you get it back. I'm really glad my experience wasn't like that and although replacing the power supply was easy enough, just the quality of service I think was remarkable.

So, good Turnkey. Turnkey good.
Posted: 2/18/2007 3:23:05 PM
unclechristo

cool!
Turnkey must be worried tho - they are only an "n" having to worry about bird flu - and it's not that far from Suffolk. :-)
Posted: 2/19/2007 4:50:55 AM
Alexander

I went to the doctor the other day because of my cough, which appears to be near-chronic nowadays.

"Do you keep any exotic birds?"

Of course, he might have been checking for Pigeon Fancier's Lung. But I don't smoke Pigeons.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.