Analog Synthesizeer Ensemble -- Synth Circle Updaye --

Posted: 4/5/2007 3:56:37 PM
GordonC

In practice the hardest part will be getting each contributor in turn to extract the digit and actually record their damned track, whilst still remaining on good terms with them.

You'll need strict deadlines and all the diplomacy you can muster.
Posted: 4/5/2007 4:06:04 PM
DiggyDog

Gordon did a great job with the birthday surprise.

I woul dbe interesting participating in somethign like this.

I am currenlty in the process of moving my recording setup to a different computer but I have access to other equipment and software.

We could also open it up to synths and other instruments.
Posted: 4/5/2007 8:44:26 PM
Brian R

Kewl. I'm swamped right now with schoolwork, but that will begin to ease up in another week or so. Then I'll create at least one starter track, and get the ball rolling.
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:17:50 AM
DiggyDog

That will be a blast.
Posted: 4/27/2007 3:01:51 PM
DiggyDog

The good new is that Hal (who is the driving force behind the Analog Synthesizer Ensemble) has had a change of heart about including theremin as part of the mix. I would like to think that my playing had something to do with it but who knows….? I’m not a great player but I think I know when to not make any noise with the thing.

The bad news is that the last session was on Tax Day (and funeral day for someone I knew many years ago) so I didn’t get to attend. So far they have had a few recording/jam sessions and I have only had the pleasure of attending one of them.

Hopefully that will chhange soon and I will bring The Beast and the Etherwave to the next one. I also found out that my vintage Mattell Synsonics drums are analog as well. (I always thought they were crude digital).

Maybe Hal would let me sneak them on one track for a few seconds.

Everything that can be said about the theremin and its potential to annoy goes triple for the Synsonics drums...
Posted: 7/19/2007 9:01:50 AM
DiggyDog

TASE had a show in Gainesville, FL last week. I wasn;t able to attend but I hear it went well.

There are some new tracks posted on Hal's page and some of them include me on theremin. My favorite is "Geostationary Satelite" where I do a singing lady type of thing in the background while everyone else is cranking out the analog synth sounds.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.