I need your help. Urgently.

Posted: 5/3/2007 5:55:40 AM
GordonC

Fellow thereminists, I need your help.

Here is the situation. A couple of weeks ago the arrangements for Hands Off 2007, The UK Theremin Symposium reached the most critical stage - the time where we could finally start accepting bookings. And, dammit! a really nasty 'flu virus laid me low. Not just that, but I did my back in at the same time. Either of these alone would have been majorly serious for a person with M.E. - together they were absolutely devastating. They forced me to slow down to a crawl, and use up whatever slack there was in the schedule. And then, just as I was starting to recover and had made the announcement, my wife's mother passed away. So I did what had to be done. I dosed myself up with pain killers and Red Bull, dragged myself out of my sickbed and stepped up to the plate for three days, knowing full well that I was undoing every minute of rest and recuperation and setting back my recovery by weeks. Family is important.

So here I am, back in a darkened room, blinded by migraines, reeling in agony and using whatever clearheaded moments I am afforded to continue the drive to raise awareness for the Symposium by whatever means I can. It is working - already we have about 15% of the number of bookings we need - but we need to step the pace up to make it work, to pull it back from the precipice on which it teeters. And we are going to make it work! We are NOT going to disappoint the entire theremin community. We are going to have the most amazing get-together imaginable and it is going to lead to more things in the future.

So I am calling in every favour. If I wasn't bed-bound I'd be on my knees pleading.

If you want Hands Off to happen, if you think I have done even the slightest bit towards evangelising this instrument we love so much, if I have answered a question for you, if I have amused, entertained or informed you, if I have ever given you something to think about then this is where we set the balance straight.

Together, we can succeed.

If you are planning to come, please, please, visit http://theremin.org.uk and put down your deposit right away. I understand that you want to hold onto your cash for a little while longer, but this is a very real, very practical way of showing your support and it WILL make a difference. I have people waiting to buy plane tickets from America, from Germany, from Switzerland and they need to know as soon as possible that it is going ahead.

If you are thinking of coming, decide [i]now[/i] that you will, and see the previous paragraph.

Whether you are able to come or not, you can make a difference. If you have a website, a blog, a podcast, if you are on a social network, if you are in the music business, if you have friends who might want to attend, then you can spread the word. You can reach people who want to know about this, and you can tell them it is going to be fantastic!

So please, choose right now to heed the call, and know that you are doing your bit to help a righteous cause.

Thank you.

Gordon Charlton
Posted: 5/3/2007 7:56:24 AM
omhoge

Gordon email me if there's anything I can do from here. Can't find yours right now.

Having just undergone a major change in my own mirgane pattern I can really relate.

bona fortuna!
Posted: 5/3/2007 8:31:31 AM
DiggyDog

I will post about it on all of my bands' webpages and do what I can to spread the word.

What if someone wanted to buy some kind of sposnership or something? Are you doing that?

I know you have probably covered this already but mayeb a refresher is in order.

Posted: 5/3/2007 8:31:32 AM
DiggyDog

I will post about it on all of my bands' webpages and do what I can to spread the word.

What if someone wanted to buy some kind of sposnership or something? Are you doing that?

I know you have probably covered this already but mayeb a refresher is in order.

Posted: 5/3/2007 8:52:03 AM
GordonC

Bless you, omhoge and DiggyDog.

My email addy is gordonc [at] theremin.org.uk

Here is a banner ad for your websites. Please link it to http://theremin.org.uk.

[img]http://a691.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00900/09/63/900713690_l.gif[/img]

<---- Or lift my avatar.

omhoge - as I recall you have some excellent contacts in NY, not all of whom read this forum regularly - you could spend a little time going through your address book and passing on my request to people who might be interested.

(DD - I have been touting for sponsorship with little success so far.)
Posted: 5/3/2007 9:22:04 AM
virani

I put it on my blog. Will talk more about it, and am thinking about coming with a friend from London...
Posted: 5/3/2007 11:38:36 AM
J_D

OK, I'm on it!
Posted: 5/3/2007 4:16:46 PM
omhoge

yes Grodon,
like leaves to the wind.
feel better and good luck.
Posted: 5/3/2007 5:10:36 PM
Thomas Grillo

I'll be posting it on my new site too! Sorry about all that's going on with you.

Wish I could go, but I'll get the word out here.
Posted: 5/3/2007 5:59:58 PM
Thomas Grillo

Gordon, it's up on my test page, and will also be up on the real page.

www.thomasgrillo.com

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.