E pro replacement rumors?

Posted: 7/12/2007 9:27:00 PM
Ardor

Anyone heard anything about what and when the e pro will be replaced by?
Posted: 7/12/2007 9:59:20 PM
Jeff S

I haven't heard of anything recently. I'm sure you are probably referring to Mr. Grillo's post of 3/30/07 where he said...

"To set your minds at ease,...I can't go into any details for now, because finalized designs have not yet been selected, but plans are in fact, in the works for the pro's and standard's successors,..."

Apparently, Mr. Grillo has the inside scoop. When I asked Linda at Moog music about this, and other things, a few days later she replied...

"...there is nothing currently in the works on that score."

I'm sure Moog Music is going to be rather noncommittal about the whole thing to the general public. Anything beyond that will be pure speculation, and perhaps wishful thinking, on our part. Even if Moog Music were working on something, it is unlikely they would divulge it until the current run of E-Pro's are distributed. And, to be fair to the retailer's holding the remaining stock, it would be unlikely they would release any information about a new model anytime soon.
Posted: 7/13/2007 4:31:37 AM
Alexander

In the spirit of starting a game of my-dog's-better-than-your-dog, I'd like to take this moment to reiterate my boast of owning one of the last Etherwave Pros.
Posted: 7/13/2007 6:23:27 AM
omhoge

I've been talking to several vendors and other folks who are in the know, and no.
I've been told consistently there are no plans for a new theremin model in the near future.

But keep hope and seriously keep a bee in the Moog bonnet: any survey you fill out for them, mention it, if you post there drop the hint once in a while. And an occasional mention, like this one here may help.

A few vendors in the US still have stock but they are going fast. I love the EWPro, glad Alexander and several TW members got them in time, his excitement is so justified. I totally love this instrument and am sad not everyone can get one any more.
Posted: 7/13/2007 9:34:32 PM
Thomas Grillo

I recently asked Amos casually if there was any word on the pro's replacement, and I was told that "any plans are a long ways off at this time".

All I'm privey to are some iddle speculations, but nothing firm. That's all I'm allowed to say.

The reason for the "secrecy" is they don't want to deal with a backlash after someone says "they're coming out with...." and then get all bumed out when something different gets released.

All I can say is, someday there will be a replacement, we just don't know when. Write Moog Music, and let them know we not only want the Pro, but we NEED the Pro in whatever form comes next, as soon as possible.
Posted: 7/14/2007 4:45:03 PM
kkissinger

Thomas Grillo wrote:

[i]"I recently asked Amos casually if there was any word on the pro's replacement, and I was told that "any plans are a long ways off at this time".

All I'm privey to are some iddle speculations, but nothing firm. That's all I'm allowed to say.

The reason for the "secrecy" is they don't want to deal with a backlash after someone says "they're coming out with...." and then get all bumed out when something different gets released.

All I can say is, someday there will be a replacement, we just don't know when. Write Moog Music, and let them know we not only want the Pro, but we NEED the Pro in whatever form comes next, as soon as possible."[/i]

A company's plans or speculations for new products would be highly confidential and it boggles the mind to think that Moog Music would share such information with anyone outside the company, much less a beginner.

What possible reason is there for someone to write self-important statements that they are "privey" to information and "That's all I'm allowed to say"?

To you, the reader, you are no doubt tired of reading my reactions to some (not all!) of Mr. Grillo's posts. Thank you for bearing with me. Knowing that to post more responses is to kick a dead horse I'll make this post then drop the topic. (btw -- in case you are wondering, I have not written Jason recently and Mr. Grillo has never been the subject of any of my emails to Jason.)

As far as the Epro -- I have a tangible concern, namely that my compositions utilize the huge range of the Epro. (the range of my works are generally over four octaves and one of my works spans 5 1/2 octaves.) Without the Epro, these works would be unplayable.

Thus, I certainly hope that Moog Music will be around to service the Epro and hope that a successor instrument will be forthcoming.

[i]-- Kevin[/i]
Posted: 7/14/2007 6:23:26 PM
Thomas Grillo

I know it's hard to beleive, but Mike Peo, the plant manager of Moog Music spent nealy an hour kindly waiting with me for my cab after the workshop in march. He asked a lot of questions about my oppinions concerning theremins, and some ideas were exchanged. That's how this whole toppic got started. It's hard for me to beleive too, but I was in the right place, at the right time.
Posted: 7/14/2007 7:39:23 PM
Thomas Grillo

This is my final word on the subject, and then "I'll" drop it too.

I don't know what constitutes being beginner, or a seasoned, experienced thereminist, or how many hours a day y'all spend on your theremins, but sinse July of 06, I've been averaging 6 to 8 hours a day, every day on my theremin. I've allready burned out an E standard, and I think my pro is next. As of last month, my practice schelue jumped to about 9 to 12 hours per day, EVERY day. You do the math. At 3200 hours, How many years does that equal? Am I a beginner? You tell me.
Posted: 7/14/2007 9:02:16 PM
teslatheremin

Holy-Moly!
Grillo,
You should seek a sneak peak at the rest of the world once in a while! Try biting a bit of another pass-time!
Nine to twelve hours a day of the Theremin seems a bit "Obsessive- Compulsive".
Get some help, man, before it is too late and you turn into just two hands that fly thru the air and the music never stops. Because, when you do have to let it stop to rest or eat or shower, you must obey the scream of urging to go back near your lonely Theremin Vixin!
She waits there for you in lusty compliance. Whiningly waiting to be used, but not touched. Wanting for your company and singing her sultry song as you tease her with your hands.

Whew! Now, I want to heat up my Theremin Mistress!
Keep up the practice T. Grillo.

Good Luck,
teslatheremin

Posted: 7/14/2007 9:54:40 PM
Thomas Grillo

It would be O/C if I wern't on disability with nothin' else to do all day. The theremin "IS" my profession, and vocation, not the hobby it started as.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.