Hands Off Shout Outs!

Posted: 7/14/2007 3:49:42 AM
GordonC

Want to send best wishes (or otherwise!) to everyone at Hands Off?

We won't have a live connection, but you can send a video or audio clip to me and I'll play it back during the symposium.

I'm geared up for pretty much most formats, but I suggest mp4 or mp3.

If you could send big files via a file transfer service such as yousendit.com (http://yousendit.com) that would be appreciated.

Email address: gordonc {at} theremin.org.uk

Posted: 7/16/2007 9:20:58 AM
omhoge

10 days and counting!
Gordon, you must be unbelievably busy and in final countdown mode.

Hope it's smooth going;
and can't wait to hear all about it.
[so wishing I was going!]
Posted: 7/16/2007 10:52:47 AM
GordonC

Oddly enough, not so busy. Apart from a couple of jobs I can do sat at my computer everything that can be done pretty much has been. JD is probably a bit busier than me, collating info about people's equipment and suchlike but we're basically in the quiet before the storm.

Next week will get busy again, doing everything that is unavoidably last-minute but today I was just taking a short break to look back over the journey that got me here and to start mentally preparing for the symposium, making sure I'll be well rested and, to use another storm metaphor, the calm at the eye of the storm.

I should say that the journey has been an experience in itself - I have met and heard more well known thereminists than you can shake a pitch rod at, and I have to report they are all lovely people, unassuming and professional (and - in the case of the female players - immensely huggable. :-) So I'm not anticipating any prima donna behaviour over the symposium.
Posted: 7/17/2007 4:35:34 PM
GordonC

[i]Oddly enough, not so busy.[/i]

I just had to say that, didn't I. OK, now I'm a bit busy.

And a little bit of breaking news... We have another theremin maker speaking. One I had not heard of before, Richard Helyer, who will be unveiling a prototype for a new theremin with some interesting functionality and which is intended to be available commercially.

Which means there will be four theremin makers present; George Pavlov (tVox tour), Tony Bassett (No1nderland), Jake Rothman (Elysian), and Richard Helyer. One cannot help but wonder if their conversation will turn to the hole left in the market by the departure of the ePro.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.