...delay (ctd.)...

Posted: 6/15/2008 9:40:39 PM
teslatheremin

Fairplay,
Sweet! I am glad that you found that the purchase of the TT was a worthy expenditure.
I am also glad that an old Roland Space-Echo has found someone that thinks it still has a musical purpose.
I totally believe your aural perceptions to be true about the TT and the Roland Space-Echo, I wonder if you could post some sound files to demonstrate the differences.
It could enhance the sales of the TT, or the Ebay market for the Space-Echos.

Good Luck!

teslatheremin
Posted: 6/17/2008 10:50:55 AM
fairplay

[b]tesla said:[/b]
[i](...) aural perceptions to be true about the TT and the Roland Space-Echo, I wonder if you could post some sound files to demonstrate the differences.[/i]

...I will, I will - but when? - I am occupied with huge stacks of work and no time until - I hope start of september, but I fear it will be mid of october...we'll see...

...in case I can go to Lippstadt (I just heard I made the [i]first[/i] registration :o) and I go there by car I'll bring them both with me...

[b]tesla said:[/b]
[i]It could enhance the sales of the TT, or the Ebay market for the Space-Echos.[/i]

...no need - in my opinion; the prices for Space Echoes are ridiculous high over here, and the Tube Tape Echo is only available new...(ok, there was one used offered months ago, but it was sold before I could blink with my eyes ;o)
Posted: 6/20/2008 3:23:03 PM
fairplay

...something quite interessting was pointed to in another forum:

an 'open' stomp box (http://www.howleraudio.com/index.html)

[i]The OpenStompTM Coyote-1 is an open source audio effects processor built for guitar players. With the Coyote-1 users can develop custom audio effects in software (like distortion, echo, chorus etc.), mix multiple effects to build "patches", and exchange those effects and patches with the OpenStompTM community.
[/i]
Posted: 6/20/2008 5:41:15 PM
GordonC

An excellent find, Fairplay!

That is potentially a game-changer. It needs Mac OS X support, given the higher than average proportion of Mac users amongst musicians (in my experience, and anecdotally from lots of people.)

If it lives up to it's claims I don't think I'm going to be the only person that wants several of them, and I really hope I don't have to buy a cheap PC to use them.
Posted: 6/20/2008 5:54:53 PM
fairplay

[i]It needs Mac OS X support (...) hope I don't have to buy a cheap PC to use them.[/i]

...I signed up to their announcement-mailinglist; there you can leave an additional message. I wrote 'please consider Mac OS X support'...
Posted: 6/20/2008 6:25:49 PM
GordonC

I put "I want several. Please let me know when it supports Mac OS X."

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.