Beat Frequency live on YouTube

Posted: 4/11/2009 12:37:11 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

[i]"Yes, I knew what it meant. Now you've gone and told everyone. D'oh."[/i]

Sorry! :-C I expected you did.. but as Apr 1st had passed, I sort of thought about some poor Thereminist trying to impress the sound engineer with the DFA insight, and spoiled the fun... Alas, this pedantisism excludes me from a lot of fun company! :(

[i]"Did the Silicon Spliff also have anti-bogart damping and Blimburn compensators?"[/i]

No - And in fact the ELEE control actually did do something.. I found some of my old schematics.. it was wired in series with the master volume slider - and was a "fine trim" (+/- 3db) on the volume.. LOL!

The battle was great fun - never been to anything quite so insane.. 4 DJ's with their kit in a squat in S.London.. Tie break was all systems being played simultaneously, each trying to drown out the sound af the other and get people to dance to their selection - Silicon Spliff + the 4kW Mosfet amps was winning - Then the cops raided.
Posted: 4/11/2009 3:36:41 AM
GordonC

I can imagine. I went to Notting Hill for the carnival a couple of times in the late 70's (i.e. before it was considered a peaceful event) and stumbled into a couple of places where I was well out of my depth.

Rastaman knows the meaning of [b]loud[/b].

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.