I've lost my power cable...damn

Posted: 10/21/2010 4:09:02 PM
weather

Hello all, first post on theremin world.

I have a B3 deluxe theremin to which I've lost the power supply to...

the site specifies the power supply as "A removable U.S. standard power supply (UL approved)"

but I can't find any specifications, nor is the manufacturer responding to my email.

Does anyone have a B3 deluxe power supply they could post the specs from please?
thank you!
Posted: 10/21/2010 10:55:13 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hi. Please don't use a power supply from anyone else, as it may be too old depending on the age of your theremin. Dan Burns has made some modifications which render the older power supplies incompatable, and will burn out a diode in the more recently modified Deluxe.

Burns has been a bit busy with a family member who is ill at the moment, and will respond to you as soon as possible. He will work with you, and will likely send you out a new power supply. Just make certain to remind him when you baught your Deluxe, so he can get the proper supply to you.

I will also give Burns a heads up on your situation.
Posted: 10/22/2010 4:38:51 PM
weather

thank you for the help!
the only issue is that i purchased the theremin second hand. I'm not sure which 'generation' this one is.
Posted: 10/22/2010 4:54:52 PM
Thomas Grillo

You're more than welcome. You might contact the seller, and find out how long they had it prior to selling to you. That will help pinpoint it's age.

By the way, Burns will let you send it back to him, and he'll be able to tell right away which power supply you need.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.