Suggestions for price

Posted: 10/16/2011 4:15:10 AM
vespandy

A while ago I tried to sell my Etherwave Standard, and had to take it back again. The details can be found in this thread (http://thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=5099&F=3). Since then I have used it a couple of times, without any problems, but have no explanations for its behaviour.

I still want to sell it, but it needs to be sold to someone who understands what they are buying, can fix it themselves, if it is actually broken, or has easy access to someone who can.

When I first sold it the price was eqiuvalent to USD 380, which is quite fair considering the retail price in Denmark. I am aware that this price might be quite high on the international market, and with the possible issues and do not expect to get as much.

The buyer must understand that there may be issues with the Theremin, and that there is no return policy. I am not trying to con anyone, but I do not want to ship Theremins around the world more than absolutely necessary.

I am willing to use someone like Thierry (sorry, I have not cleared this with Thierry, and do not know if he wants to do this) as broker, so the buyer only pays me if Thierry clears the Theremin of faults.

What would be a fair price for this Theremin, both as direct sale, and through a broker?

Regards

/Andy
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:50:36 AM
omhoge

If it is a fixer-upper, I wouldn't go higher than the price for the kit. Good luck!
Posted: 10/17/2011 5:27:16 AM
DOMINIK

Hello Andy,
my bid: 100€. I guess this is not the price you are looking for, but if so please give me a notice: theremin at subscope dot de
Greetings from germany,
Dominik
Posted: 10/17/2011 5:27:41 AM
Thierry

My suggestion (needs a bit of confidence from your side): Send this Etherwave to me, so that I can diagnose and fix it once for all and give a 6 month warranty which will help the potential buyer to trust in it. I'll be traveling to several Theremin gatherings next time (i.e. the Without Touch 5.0 in Germany in November, the Node Festival in Switzerland in January) and could try to sell it directly there for you if we don't find another buyer online before.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.