Blog: Where are all the theremin accessories?

Posted: 6/29/2006 3:45:47 PM
Oscar

Hey , that would be funny Jason.

Do you have any photo? And how much would cost shipping it to Europe (Spain for example ;) )?
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:43:49 PM
dae23

I'm in the early stages of building a diamond speaker w/stand and a spring reveb/analog delay.

The effect box will be a synthesizers.com Q115 reverb and a Modboard delay in an oak box with large steel face plate. With legs!

If any of this works out I'll post more info.
Posted: 3/13/2008 7:50:57 AM
carport888

Jason wrote:
[i]I'm picturing a red/white/black theremin along the lines of Eddie Van Halen's guitar from 1984 :)[/i]

I saw this EXACT theremin when I bought my E. Std. back in August 2007. It was at Trading Musicians in Seattle, Wa, built from an E. Std. kit and custom painted by one of the shop workers. They were asking $500 for it.

It had the stripes, the metal bits and the cigarette burns just like Van Halen's guitar. It was pretty cool looking. I'll have to go back down there and see if they still have it, and if they wouldn't mind me taking a pic of it for everyone here to see.
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:46:55 PM
djpb_designs

I am really surprised there aren't dozens of people out building their own diamond speaker cabinet. It's not rocket science.

If you feel "carpenterially" challenged why not take an existing PA cab. and mount brackets on two sides to allow using 2 mike stands to hold it up? (maybe a bracket kit to do so would make a nice accessory? hmmm)

Don
Posted: 3/16/2008 10:40:34 AM
Thomas Grillo

A practical accessory for the Etherwave standard is the volume antenna sleeve mod which eliminates chirp on contact. You can get them in any color including argyle, and pladd patterns.

An impractical, but cute accessory I made for the pitch antenna is a modified Star Wars Lightsaber pencil sharpenner which I made to fit perfectly on the base of the pitch rod, and then I placed a length of flourecent orange cable sleeve on the rod to make it look like a working lightsaber.

Another practical acessory would be a replacement quick release clamp for the E Standard to avoid having to spin the poor theremin round, and round on the mic stand, hoping we don't drop it.
Posted: 3/16/2008 12:13:03 PM
Thomas Grillo

I suppose, if you want a quck, and easy diamond speaker cabinet, you could take a small amp, like the little moog amp, and place a pole pracket in the uppler corner, and one in the center so the cabinet can simply slide onto a single pole. Just make sure the base will keep it from tipping forward on you.

Or, remove the speaker board from the amp cabinet, and mount that on a bipod in the classic diamond configuration which can be attacted to the amp.
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:37:16 AM
Thomas Grillo

A couple of days ago, I put into practice what I suggested, and built a free standing speaker out of an RMS amp. I also cut off the bottom two thirds of the amp housing, keeping the electronics pagage nicely housed. At the moment, I'm just using a tripod to mount the speaker on sinse the speaker is still in it's original soundboard. Later, I'll get some larger quarter inch by 20, or so inch square ply, and make a bipod for the big diamond type speaker.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.