Theremin convention in Tulsa ok

Posted: 5/25/2005 7:18:57 PM
tony

Hi,
I would like to put on a thereminist convention on in Tulsa Ok sometime late this year or the first part of next year. I would encourage all to play from a newbie to hopefully very serious thereminist. I was thinking of having time to discuss playing technics and also modifications that user's have made to their instruments as well as screening classics like The Day The Earth Stood Still. I have a venue available that seats 275 to 300 people. Since my playing level is low (i can hit a note solid every now and then) .I would be playing in the abstract group. The old sci fi movie stuff is a rush for me! My goal is to introduce this instrument to as many people as possible. If there is enough interest i will proceed with planning. If you can get to Tulsa and would like to play or just hang out please email me at
AWM123@cox.net.
Thank You
Tony Miller
Posted: 5/25/2005 9:48:16 PM
Jeff S

Tony - I admire your ambition, but aren't you aware of the event being hosted by Moog Music in August? I'm sure not everyone will be able to make that one, but unless you're indepenently wealthy, it's not likely that you'd be able to line up the first class players to perform at your convention. They will also be screening "The Day the Earth Stood Still".
Posted: 5/26/2005 1:38:27 AM
tony

First let me say thanks for your reply. I understand that the moog event will draw most of the elite players. what I was aiming for was a somewhat local area base to draw from but if anyone else out there was interested I wanted them to know they were welcome. I think it would be a blast to sit around with folks who play or have played the theremin plus would love ideas on any mods people have made to their theremin. I think if Dr Moog emailed me and said he wanted to be there i most likely would fall over dead right there on the spot.Just looking for a fun weekend to share with others.Thanks again for the reply.Tony

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.